Here is a video explaining how they work. Again I highly recommend them. They make great food and it tastes like its fried. I write a lot of blog posts about them, and they are amazing.
One of my favorite junk foods is French fries. But they can really rack up calories. They can have almost 365 calories in one serving! That’s about 1/4th of your daily caloric intake. Luckily I have a recipe that tastes the exact same. Everyone loves them! They taste almost exactly like McDonald’s fries. Yet they are only 130 calories! That’s less than half the calories in normal fries!! You will need an air fryer, these are available online. I highly recommend them. They are affordable and make fried food without as many calories.
- You will need
- 4 potatoes
- a bowl of water
- salt or any seasoning (as much as you like)
- an air fryer
- first, chop up the potatoes into a fry shape. Then put the potatoes in the water and let them soak for twenty minutes. This makes the fries taste a lot better.
- Now drain the water from the bowl and dry the fries. You can just do this with a paper towel. Make sure they are very dry though, this will make them crispier.
- The last step is to spray the fries with some oil. Then place them in the air fryer at 400 for twenty minutes. You’re done! Make sure you stir them every once in a while.
We all love some good fried chicken. The grimy kind you get from fast food places. Although Fried chicken is delicious it usually has around 320 calories! That’s without counting fries! This delicious recipe requires an air fryer, any type will work. They can be used in many recipes and I highly recommend them. They fry the food using air circulation. This recipe tastes the exact same as fried chicken and its less than 200 calories! Now I sure hate when food bloggers go on and on about the recipes. So lets just cut the crap and get started
- For this recipe, you will need
- two chicken breasts (one serves about two people)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Lawry’s seasoned salt, or Bojangles french fry seasoning
- one egg
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- (feel free to add more or less spice depending on how you like it!)
- If you would prefer a more Italian style fried chicken…
- use 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning in place of the seasoned salt
- (optional) italian bread crumbs in place of plain breadcrumbs
- The first step is too cut up the chicken breast. be sure to cut off the white part! Then you should chop the chicken into nuggets, or tenders. Personally, I like the taste of nuggets more, they have more seasoning then tenders.
- Next, crack one egg into a bowl, and whisk with a fork. Get another bowl and add your breadcrumbs and spices to the bowl, and mix.
- Now completely submerge your chicken in the egg mixture, then place it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the chicken is done.
- (optional but recommended) You now can double dip the chicken. You can put the already breaded chicken in the egg mixture again, and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Now is the fun part! spray the chicken with an oil based pam. Make sure you cover it well! now place your chicken in the air fryer. turn it on 400, for about 20 minutes checking it frequently. Depending on how big or small the chicken is determains the time! So be sure to keep your eye on it!
Be sure to follow me! Next recipe will be low cal fries!